Welcome to Peels' knowledge base and documentation. You'll find everything from implementation information to best practices and tutorials.
This page will give you a quick overview of:
- The Peel approach
- Why E-commerce stores need Peel
- How Peel works
- Peels Integrations
An automated analytics platform for e-commerce businesses that are on Shopify. Peel helps e-commerce teams use data insights to sell to more customers and earn more revenue from existing customers.
We’ve designed Peel for DTC brands to quickly understand trends in their business and react to the most promising cohort signals, without the need for any technical skills.
Problem: Business intelligence (BI) solutions cost too much to set up and maintain. Small businesses can't afford BI. Midsize businesses tend to rebuild the same solutions and do not have monitoring. Running data manually on spreadsheets leads to poor business decisions.
❗ Good analysis requires technical expertise and time.
❗ Analysis tools need to be automated, fast and smart.
❗ Customer acquisition is tied to uncovering key data insights
Solution: An automated business analysis system for any e-commerce team on Shopify. Peel manages all the data, monitors metrics by segments, and assists in decision-making.
✅ Analyses completely tailored to DTC brands
✅ Extremely fast compared to existing analytics tools.
✅ In-depth segmentation on 100+ metrics.
If we had to tell you one analysis that most customers find immediate value & "Ah Ha" with Peel, it would be -
- Repurchase Rate monthly cohort segmented by first product purchase. This will tell you if there is product that is enticing customers to come back more frequently?
- LTV or Repurchase rate by discount codes (if tied to a campaign) to see what worked and what is enticing people to come back.
- Time to value: They're spending too much time on manual data analysis and reporting and need a fast & time-efficient (automated) solution.
- Advanced analytics: They're doing some level of reporting and analytics, but feel like they need to take it to the next level to uncover new opportunities and solve more complex challenges.
- All-in-one solution: They're frustrated by data stored in different platforms and locations.
- Improve Customer Acquisition/Retention: They're struggling to fully understand customer behavior and don't have accurate data to make smart decisions.
- Improve Overall Business Health: They feel that a lack of clarity in their data is hindering business growth.
Our number one goal is to provide merchants with the analysis they need to make growth decisions.
Right now, we work exclusively with e-commerce brands on Shopify.
Our end consumer experience looks like this:
It's important to us that you know what we do and how our application works. Quite simply:
- Connecting to Peel takes 1 click via the Shopify app store.
- Then Peel will need at least 24 hours (could take more time depending on the size of the shop) to download and process all the data.
- There is a lot of data to download so Peel downloads it in chunks - first the past 12 months of data, then any integrations you added, so you get to peruse the data while the rest downloads.
- Once the data is ready, the Daily Report will be sent via email (or Slack if your choose) and the webview will populate with all the analysis of 100+ metrics and segments.
Peel integrates with a slew of different 3rd-party applications: Klaviyo, Recharge Payments, Google Ads, Facebook Ads & Google Analytics. If you have a particular integration request, send them to [email protected]. We're actively adding more each month.
The fastest way to get support is to use the chat widget located on the bottom right of your Peel Shopify app. We try our best to answer all support inquiries as-soon-as-possible at all hours of the day. Our team is based in NYC, so expect the quickest replies during Eastern time working hours.
If you'd prefer to use email, you can email us at [email protected]
Feel free to check out our video library.
Updated 6 days ago